Exploring Local - Denver breakfast spots you can't miss
Denver has some excellent culinary delights and we love exploring new places. We also like returning to our favorite spots; we've compiled a solid blog post and list of breakfast spots you just can't skip when visiting Denver, Colorado. From the staple places like Snooze to up-and-coming spots like the Universal; there's a spot for everyone in this blog post. Have a favorite breakfast spot in Denver you think we should try out? Start the conversation in the comments section below the post!
- Denver Biscuit Company - straight up some of the most FIRE breakfast food in all of Denver, Colorado. Be sure to arrive with an appetite or slightly hung over because everything on the menu is either served with a giant buttermilk biscuit or on a giant buttermilk biscuit! Wow; are you hungry for a buttermilk biscuit yet? Check out the Dahlia one of our favorites.
- Snooze - the staple for Denver breakky; I've been visiting Snooze since I first set foot in Denver over 5 years ago. They have multiple locations, there's always a decent size wait and your usually guaranteed a solid meal. Snooze off Larmier is up the street from an awesome record store not a bad spot to kill time while you wait.
- Jelly's - the secret at Jelly's is to put your name in and then enter the coffee bar line to order coffee beverages with a side of their fantastic donuts featuring flavors like: Thai Peanut, Lemon Filled, Jelly Filled, and Maple Bacon. Super solid breakfast spot, can't beat the treats and sweets here also plenty of savory options on the lunch and breakfast menu.
- the Universal - classic breakfast spot, one big complaint we always have when eating breakfast out in Denver would be that very few places take reservations, so be prepared to wait. The Universal is great in that we never find ourselves waiting more than 30-45 minutes and we never leave disappointed. Both the food and service are on point; different options for everyone to enjoy definitely check out the Universal if your in Denver, Colorado.
- Linger - locate in Denver Highlands, Linger has amazing food all day long not just for breakfast. This is another spot where you might get lucky and won't have an enormous wait; I believe they have a seat yourself section. Sweet and savory breakfast items fill up wth menu with a nice collection of Bloody Mary's and bottomless Mimosa's keep the weekend going: Sunday Funday.
- Secret spot: Kolache House Bakery - maybe you don't want to sit down for breakfast or don't have time to head over to Lakewood, Colorado for some delcious kolaches. Originally a European inspired breakfast snack theres awesome grab and go options like: Bacon and Egg, Egg and Cheese and more.
- Breakfast munchie: Sugar Bakeshop (w/ pop tarts) - another coffee shop/grab and go option the gang at Sugar Bakeshop makes some of the most delicious baked goods in all of Denver. Known for their in-house baked pop-tarts they also make some amazing coffee drinks as well; another place to visit if your exploring Denver for a coffee shop or unique bakery.
- Sassafras - we checked this southern-comfort inspired breakfast spot out recently and found it to be delicious. This place has incredible coffee drinks: Iced or hot, Chai, Espresso, vodka infused or not don't skip on their coffee drinks. Lots of plates served with biscuits here as well, definitely put in an order of beignets to start off your breakfast at Sassafras. We tried the Pecan Pancakes and the Country Breakfast both were delicious and we highly recommend checking out Sassafras is you don't mind waiting a little while. Best breakfast drinks in Denver: Sassafras
Thanks for reading, keep an eye out for more content coming soon... ~MYT