Exploring Local - MYT wanders the Windy City, exploring Chicago
About a year ago we took a trip to Chicago, to celebrate Emily's birthday. Chicago is a city I have loved for a long time, if I didn't land myself in Vail or Denver Colorado I probably would have moved to Chicago. The winters are rough but the music scene, the food and the people of Chicago are very exciting and Lively. I took a detailed itinerary of her birthday weekend spent exploring Chicago, we had a blast, caught a cold from the bone chilling Windy City, and explored some of the city's best sites. The food was incredible, the drinks were poured strong, and the Chicago’s skyline views were breathtaking.
Below is our itinerary and some images from our time spent exploring Chicago:
Day 1 - arrive to Chicago, check into hotel.
Day 2 - woke up around 9AM to begin our second day in the windy city.
- Bar Siena Brunch
- Field Museum Chicago -- we never actually went into the museum, the entrance was supposed to free when we first read about it, we weren't interested enough to pay to enter.
- Skydeck Chicago -- fantastic views over the entire city from 360 degrees.
- Headquarters Beercade -- fun arcarde bar, excellent for a beer and an escape from chilly Chicago winds.
- Eataly Chicago -- fantastic Italian Market in Chicago
- Fulton Market Kitchen -- birthday dinner!
- Comedy Club - Second city, ok Cupid
- Wicker Park shopping street
- Bongo Room Breakfast
- Sunset drinks up at John Hancock tower
- Osteria Langhe -- birthday dinner 2!!
- City Photowalk through downtown areas
- The Bean during the daytime
- Eataly before airport
Thanks for reading, leave us your tips, and suggestions from visiting Chicago in the comments section below!