Seven stand-out moments from our trip to Singapore
We had an outstanding time in Singapore and Thailand during our recent trip; for this post we're going to highlight some of our favorite moments from Singapore. We made countless new memories and were lucky to have traveled with close friends who were able to show us around Singapore. Spending the New Year in Thailand was a phenomenal time but we were pleasantly surprised with our time spent in Singapore as well. The food in Singapore is to die for; no wonder Anthony Bourdain has two seperate episodes about this amazing Asian getaway. Other things, like accommodations and drinking cocktails, will come at a price during your stay in Singapore, the food can be relatively cheap (especially at Hawker centers) but entertainment and drinking can certainly add up quickly. We're going to keep the text short for this post so you can scroll through the seven adventurous images above & below... each has a caption and some links associated with the image:
1. Art Science Museum - the bright, colorful and partially trippy: Future World Exhibit was a smashing hit in our opinion. Huge credit to the artists involved in creating this project, there's a few images from this location as you keep scrolling through this post.
2. Tanjong Beach Club, Sentosa Island, Singapore - this spot was a blast, beer pong, beach side cabanas, snacks and plenty of drinks. Lots of volleyball being played next to the beach club (if that's your thing) and even a soccer court to the right of the club on the beach. I found myself wandering near the shore line with my DJI Mavic Pro and sent the drone up for some neat aerial shots of the beach club.
3. Cloud Forest, Gardens by the Bay, Singapore - this area at Gardens by the Bay holds the world's tallest indoor waterfall (pictured here) which is something you cannot miss while visiting Singapore. It's awesome to walk the majority of the Gardens virtually for free, but step inside Cloud Forest for a refreshing stroll up their platform and enjoy tons of amazing flowers and vegetation.
4. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum and wandering the colorful streets of Chinatown - see more of our images on our Instagram page: @Meet_YouThere
5. The delicious and mind blowing flavors of ASIA: the many Hawker Centers we visit for Chicken and rice or a fruit smoothie, amazing street food and food cart marts and especially the dumplings of DTF aka Din Tai Fung, pictured below.
6. Exploring the colorful and culture-filled streets of Little India, Singapore
7. Wandering the business district at night, observing the busy Singapore skyline, enjoying a craft beer at LEVEL33 world's highest urban craft-brewery. On one of the last night's in Singapore we found ourselves inside the Louis Vitton store next to Marina Bay Sands just in time for the nightly laser-light show on the bay. Little traveler secret; if you want some killer views of the light show without the crowds, wander around the over-priced hand bag store until it's the perfect time and then step outside on their patio to catch a beautiful display of laser lights and colorful water performance.
We will circle back and add more text and links to this post soon, but we wanted to get something up about Singapore as soon as we could. It's crazy how busy life becomes, and because this blog isn't a huge revenue generator for us; it just kind of sits on the back burner. If you want to guest write for Meet You There contact us at [email protected] we would love to publish your travel stories on our blog! Reach out with some pitch ideas or leave us a comment below ~MeetYouThere